Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Two Best Baseball Stadiums I Have Seen

I have been fortunate to watch Major League Baseball games at some of the best stadiums in the league.  In 2003 I saw a game at old Yankee Stadium.  It was neat to be there, and all the fans were into it, but they definitely needed a new stadium.

The two best stadiums I have been to are:

Fenway Park

Fenway Park is baseball the way it should be played.  There is nothing like it.  When I witnessed a game there, the weather was cold and drizzly, but that did not hamper the fans from acting like the greatest fans in the world.  Fenway is in a league of its own.

Wrigley Field

Wrigley Field is the second best stadium I have seen.  The game I went to was the perfect Wrigley day.  It was 80 degrees and bright sunshine.  Also, the Cubs won in the last at bat.  I sat there and couldn't believe I was looking at the bleachers and ivy and singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame.  Just a great, great experience.

In both instances I was able to get good seats for reasonable prices from Stubhub.  That's a great way to find seats at out-of-town stadiums. 

I would really like to see a game in San Francisco next.  And the stadium in Minnesota looks really neat too.  I'll work on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment